Here you have my second card of the month (with the first being the Mother's day card) and it's for a friend's Birthday.
To me, a tree of butterflies means joy and liberty. It reminds me the beauty of nature and it's complexity. It represents that lightness (read gentleness) we all should have....
In this occasion, I've also made the envelop myself and I'm very very proud of me... It's only my second card after all!
- Chocolate A4 Vivaldi paper 240 gr (1 sheet 21 x 14.4 cm and one sheet 7 x 11 cm)
- Cream A4 Vivaldi paper 120 gr (1 sheet 9 x 13 cm)
- Artemio frame puncher (tiny flowers)
- Holographic embossing powder
- Transparent embossing powder
- Chocolate 154 Versacraft mini ink pad
- Bronze 94 Versacolor mini ink pad
- Double sided tape
- Butterflies tree rubber stamp
- Woodware clear magic stamps (single butterfly + sentiment)
- Copper SticklesTM glitter glue
- Butterfly nail art decorations
- Neptune blue mica pigment
'Making of'... the pictures!
I have used a mica to water-colour some of the butterflies in the tree. The visual effect is amazing because this technique allows you to have a delicate yet shimmering colour (see also my previous post Painting with micas and pigments)