Skip to main content

Butterflies tree card

Here you have my second card of the month (with the first being the Mother's day card) and it's for a friend's Birthday. 


I had in mind something with plants and animals since a while and when I saw this rubber stamp in the shop I fell in love with it.

To me, a tree of butterflies means joy and liberty. It reminds me the beauty of nature and it's complexity. It represents that lightness (read gentleness) we all should have....

In this occasion, I've also made the envelop myself and I'm very very proud of me... It's only my second card after all!
 
Materials:

  • Chocolate A4 Vivaldi paper 240 gr (1 sheet 21 x 14.4 cm and one sheet 7 x 11 cm) 
  • Cream A4 Vivaldi paper 120 gr (1 sheet 9 x 13 cm) 
  • Artemio frame puncher (tiny flowers) 
  • Holographic embossing powder 
  • Transparent embossing powder 
  • Chocolate 154 Versacraft mini ink pad 
  • Bronze 94 Versacolor mini ink pad 
  • Double sided tape 
  • Butterflies tree rubber stamp 
  • Woodware clear magic stamps (single butterfly + sentiment) 
  • Copper SticklesTM glitter glue 
  • Butterfly nail art decorations 
  • Neptune blue mica pigment


'Making of'... the pictures!





I have used a mica to water-colour some of the butterflies in the tree. The visual effect is amazing because this technique allows you to have a delicate yet shimmering colour (see also my previous post Painting with micas and pigments)  

The envelop!



Comments

Popular posts

Card making and papercraft magazines

Last month I had the chance to get, for the first time, a couple of Cardmaking & papercraft  magazines: Papercraft Inspirations and Make Christmas card magazine. Papercraft Inspiration December issue had a Christmas window build-a-scene embossing folder and stamp free gift, as well as  free festive papers . Make Christmas cards was offering:  2 embossing folder borders ,  13 stylish stamps ,  32 Christmas papers ,  12 découpage sheets ,  117 toppers & motifs and  73 festive greetings. Here you have some of the cards and tags I've made with the magazines' gifts All cards have been donated to hospitals 

One more way to combine soy wax and gel!

The followings are all two-layered candles with the bottom layer made of gel and the upper part made of soy wax . Why combining the two of them? Because gel is transparent and allows you to embed objects   and soy wax   has an incredible  scent   throw and a long burning time ! Few simple rules for embedding objects: ideally they should be non flammable (like glass animals, shells or stones)! ...but if you do not exaggerate with the amount, you also can potentially use cinnamon sticks, dried flowers etc... To be on the safe side: if you use flammable objects I'd anyway suggest you to pour the thinnest layer of gel as possible (just to cover the embeds) and avoid burning this layer. And remember: never ever leave lit candles unattended! Let yourself be inspired and give it a try! Gel embeddings: glitters (blue candle) or sea shells (peach candle). Soy wax: caramel-scented.   G el embeddings: cinnamon sticks G el embeddings: cinnamon sticks (left) or star