Skip to main content

Crunchy Peach soap

In my recent Review of the Aroma Zone (AZ) soap making workshop I've been complaining about a peachy fragrance I bought on the day of the workshop. Before buying it, I've asked if the fragrance was going to work well in Cold Process and the alleged expert said "YES, sure!" 
When I got back home, I read on the AZ's website that this fragrance is not great for CP and got quite p****d off.
Needless to say, that there's no explanation concerning this statement (does it fade over time? does it affect soap color? Does it ACCELERATE trace?!?) and therefore I had to find out myself...


I didn't have much choice in terms of raw materials and I didn't want to invest in new stocks in case something went wrong.

Few precautions:
1) I scaled down the amount of total oils in the recipe (325 gr instead of 800 gr)
2) I used silicon moulds (didn't want to spend time lining the wooden mould)
3) I added the fragrance at the very last moment, just before pouring


Crunchy Peach soap 

Total oil weight: 325 gr 
Water as % of oil weight: 28 %
Superfat: 5%
Water:Lye Ratio: roughly 2:1
Fragrance: Péché à croquer (Crunchy Peach) from Aroma Zone 5 gr
Soaping temperature: Oils @ 45 °C, Lye @ 49.6 °C
Micas for the peachy color: Bronze + Fiery Red 

OIL/FATS
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (gives the yellowish color) 70.77%
Peanut oil (hubby bought it to fry zucchini and I snaffled some for my soap 🤣🤣🤣) 12.31%
Shea Butter 16.92%

Facts: Crunchy Peach fragrance DOES ACCELERATE trace!!! 😠😠😠

That's what they were holding back and what 'ressort mal en saponification à froid' really means! 

I'm happy with the soap even if the colors changed and after few hours I got soda ashes (I know, I water discounted but still used a looooot of olive oil 😁)


Popular posts

Cardmaking and papercraft magazines

Last month I had the chance to get, for the first time, a couple of Cardmaking & papercraft magazines: Papercraft Inspirations and Make Christmas card magazine.
Papercraft Inspiration December issue had a Christmas window build-a-scene embossingfolder and stamp free gift, as well as free festive papers. Make Christmas cards was offering: 2 embossing folder borders, 13 stylish stamps, 32 Christmas papers, 12 découpagesheets, 117 toppers & motifs and 73 festive greetings.
Here you have some of the cards and tags I've made with the magazines' gifts













All cards have been donated to hospitals 

A quick guide to candle making 🕯️

Finally, temperature lowered and I managed to prepare a set of candles for this fall.
Candles are great for any occasion!
Halloween🎃, Xmas🎄, B-days🎂, romantic dinners🥂 or relaxing nights🌃. You can keep 'em for yourself or give them to family and friends as gifts!
If you've never made candles before, but you're eager to try, here you have 10 basic steps to follow.

This is not a comprehensive guide and does not pretend to be a candle-making course.

1) weigh the wax  Do you want to know more about waxes? Follow this LINK
2) Melt it in a double boiler (bain-marie). Stir every now and then...    ⚠ Do not boil the wax ⚠ Neverever place the container with the wax directly on the stove!
3)  At this point, you can add some color HERE, you have a post on candle dyes.

Remember: the final color of your candle depends on the wax too! For example, soy wax iswhite at room temperature and for this reason, it gives back pastel-like colors. A trick to check the final color: drip some melted wax on a…