Skip to main content

Polka dots surprise soap and TANGER swirl

I've unconventionally used two techniques for the swirl in the inside of the bar: tilted tiger stripe swirl and hanger swirl or, as I call it, TANGER SWIRL





To create the colorful swirl I tilted the mould of about 35-40°C (see this post for details on the technique). Then, I moved it back in a flat position, and used bass strings to do the hanger swirl ;-)

Recipe (slow moving trace):
Olive oil (extra virgin) 56.25%
Unrefined virgin Coconut oil 20.38%
*Palm oil (organic) 17.13%
Canola oil 6.25%

*Palm oil I use comes from a sustainable source.

When I made my last soap (HERE) I've used all my stocks of pomace olive oil and coconut oil. Honestly I didn't want to place an order for two items only and I decided to take a look at the supermarket's shelves...
I bought extra virgin olive oil from Puget, which gave a nice yellow color to the soap bar
Image result for puget huile d'olive vierge extra

and unrefined virgin coconut oil from La Tourangel (very nice smell!!!)
Image result for la tourangelle vierge noix de coco


Scent: Orange, Grapefruit and Peppermint EOs 

Colour used: buttercup yellow, clementine  orange, dark ceriseNeptune blue, blueberry,  Chromium oxide green
Less than a teaspoon of powder for each colour. 
I have dispersed micas in olive oil and the chromium oxide green in water.

It's a pity that this nice apple green color morphed after 2 days :-) 
I also got soda ashes despite all the precautions I took...anyway, I'll get rid of them with a damp cloth :-)


Un-moulding and cutting: 2 days in the mould + 2 days as whole bar outside the mould before cutting.
 After 4 days the inside of the soap bar was still very soft.



Comments

Popular posts

Card making and papercraft magazines

Last month I had the chance to get, for the first time, a couple of Cardmaking & papercraft  magazines: Papercraft Inspirations and Make Christmas card magazine. Papercraft Inspiration December issue had a Christmas window build-a-scene embossing folder and stamp free gift, as well as  free festive papers . Make Christmas cards was offering:  2 embossing folder borders ,  13 stylish stamps ,  32 Christmas papers ,  12 découpage sheets ,  117 toppers & motifs and  73 festive greetings. Here you have some of the cards and tags I've made with the magazines' gifts All cards have been donated to hospitals 

One more way to combine soy wax and gel!

The followings are all two-layered candles with the bottom layer made of gel and the upper part made of soy wax . Why combining the two of them? Because gel is transparent and allows you to embed objects   and soy wax   has an incredible  scent   throw and a long burning time ! Few simple rules for embedding objects: ideally they should be non flammable (like glass animals, shells or stones)! ...but if you do not exaggerate with the amount, you also can potentially use cinnamon sticks, dried flowers etc... To be on the safe side: if you use flammable objects I'd anyway suggest you to pour the thinnest layer of gel as possible (just to cover the embeds) and avoid burning this layer. And remember: never ever leave lit candles unattended! Let yourself be inspired and give it a try! Gel embeddings: glitters (blue candle) or sea shells (peach candle). Soy wax: caramel-scented.   G el embeddings: cinnamon sticks G el embeddings: cinnamon sticks (left) or star