Skip to main content

Xmas stamped shaker cards

I have been amazed by a recent video from Jennifer Mcguire ostamped shaker cards (link at the end of this post for technical details).

I wanted to try something similar myself, but more on the Xmas theme.

My post focuses mainly on the things I've changed, so if you need a step-by-step guide, again, hit the link at the bottom of the page (but please don't skip my post 😊)

I was well aware that I was missing most of the cool items she used for her cards like for example the single stitch frame die, the shimmer pen and the Copic markers but I think I can be pretty happy with the result anyway.


In order to create the frame I have used two dies of the Sizzix Squares Framelits Die Set that I've stuck together with washi tape like this




I've used the square left over as a background for the shaker window.

I've stamped an alphabet with white ink and embossed it with white Jasmine powder 

and glued some sequins and stars!


I've stamped with black pigment ink several Xmas trees on white Bristol card stock and heat set the ink with the heat gun.


I've coloured the trees with Distress Crayons (Yuppieee 😹😹 I managed to use these expensive and rather poorly versatile crayons for the second time since I bought them)


I've cut the trees out, added some sparkle, stuck a thread on the back of the image and fixed the two ends of the thread to the paper frame 



I've stuck the square stamped background on white card stock, glued the frame on it, added some Martha Stewart's red microbeads and sealed the window with a square acetate sheet mounted on a paper frame.






I hope you liked this post. I had so much fun in both making the cards and writing about it!

Link to Jennifer's video HERE

Popular posts

Fire vibe soap: recipe, tricks and links to technical videos

I have mixed two techniques in order to obtain different patterns, one on the inside of the soap bar and one on the top.



Here you have the links to the original videos showing the techniques: 1) Tilted tiger stripe swirl 2) Multi-mica Taiwan swirl
Since I run out of castor oil, I had to modify the recipe shown in video 1) as follows  😅
Recipe (slow moving trace):
Olive oil (pomace) 70% Coconut oil 22.25% Palm oil (organic) 7.75%
Note that the palm oil I buy from The Soap Kitchen 'carries Organic Certification and comes from Columbia. It is not produced on land that has been taken from the Rain Forests, nor are there any Orangutangs made homeless. Our suppliers do use 'ethical' methods in their production (we have actually visited the site). Our Columbian suppliers are members of the RSPO (Round Table for Sustainable Production ofPalmOil).'
Scent:Orange EO (10X) from The Soap Kitchen 
⚠⚠⚠  Use only glass jars/containers to prepare and blend essential oils! (I felt like I had to re…

Looking for a great on-line craft shop?

How do I choose an on-line craft shop over another?
The interactionwiththecustomer is very important to me! And of course the shippingcosts, which are often the bottleneck of the situation, are an important issue as well!

There are plenty of on-line craft shops !  Some of them belong to renowned brands, some are just retailers of famous brands and some other (like most of the shops on ebay) are managed by private sellers/users.  I like to buy from small sellers, and I recently found an ebay shop called Crafts-inspainwhich I think is really interesting.
Pros: a pretty good choice of products great pricesreasonable shipping costs for EU customers (the shop is based in Spain)combined postage availablesales promotions and/or items with reduced prices often availablefast shipping times quick reaction of the seller when contacted Cons:
maybe the only one, is that you can't immediately find the latest products from major brands as soon as they are released on the market (but who cares???) 
Ah, in…