You can refer to my previous post (here) if you want to know more about the amazing properties of the bay laurel berry oil and in general on Aleppo soap.
Today's post is about cutting and testing the soap I prepared few weeks ago (here)!
Let me remind you that I've used an olive oil-rich recipe in which I've also included ~15% of bay laurel berry oil, some coconut and palm oil, as well as a bit of shea butter.
Soap was still slightly soft after 4 days (1 day in the mould + 3 days outside, as a whole bar) but that's pretty normal in soap bars with high olive oil content. Anyway, the smell is incredible, the colour (coming from the bay laurel oil) is delicate and the texture is not bad at all!
There are at least two more weeks to go before it's fully cured, but I had a leftover from the slicing process that I've tested for you...
The soap is great: not slimy at all (read my comment about soap bars with high amounts of olive oil here), good hardness, abundant lather (thank you coconut oil!!!) and not drying!
I can be pretty satisfied about this one: I actually modified the basic Aleppo soap recipe myself in order to make a soap with the characteristics I wanted and it worked!