Skip to main content

Temporarily back to Melt & Pour soap making!

I received a fairly big request (at least from my point of view) of M&P soap from friends, lately!
The SLS- and SLES-free Stephensons Clear soap base had a great success among my friends! It's highly rich in glycerine and it is made from vegetable-derived ingredients (no animal-derived oils/fats).
The problem with this material, is that each time I have to order it from the UK I pay a lot of money for the shipping...after some research (and with the help of people from The Soap Kitchen) I found a distributor in France (soapbox-shop) that accepts both bulk and small orders. For the moment, I cannot tell you if I really like this company, because on one side they've been very proactive and useful when I was about to place the order and I had a problem with the TVA and the delivery address, but on the other side one of the product I've ordered, and paid for, was not in the package I received... In addition, it's some days that I'm trying to contact them regarding this problem but they are not getting back to me...Let's see how this will go!

Anyway, after having discussed about the kind of final product my friends wanted (with or without fragrance, with or without micas, with embeds or other decorations) I came up with the two following ideas:
and 
Enjoy some pictures of my new M&P soaps by following the links in the above list.

Popular posts

Fire vibe soap: recipe, tricks and links to technical videos

I have mixed two techniques in order to obtain different patterns, one on the inside of the soap bar and one on the top.



Here you have the links to the original videos showing the techniques: 1) Tilted tiger stripe swirl 2) Multi-mica Taiwan swirl
Since I run out of castor oil, I had to modify the recipe shown in video 1) as follows  ­čśů
Recipe (slow moving trace):
Olive oil (pomace) 70% Coconut oil 22.25% Palm oil (organic) 7.75%
Note that the palm oil I buy from The Soap Kitchen 'carries Organic Certification and comes from Columbia. It is not produced on land that has been taken from the Rain Forests, nor are there any Orangutangs made homeless. Our suppliers do use 'ethical' methods in their production (we have actually visited the site). Our Columbian suppliers are members of the RSPO (Round Table for Sustainable Production ofPalmOil).'
Scent:Orange EO (10X) from The Soap Kitchen 
⚠⚠⚠  Use only glass jars/containers to prepare and blend essential oils! (I felt like I had to re…

Polka dots surprise soap and TANGER swirl

I've unconventionally used two techniques for the swirl in the inside of the bar: tilted tiger stripeswirl and + hanger swirl or, as I call it, TANGER SWIRL