Skip to main content

Xmas Ltd. Edition! Soy wax decorations!

Popular posts

Fire vibe soap: recipe, tricks and links to technical videos

I have mixed two techniques in order to obtain different patterns, one on the inside of the soap bar and one on the top.



Here you have the links to the original videos showing the techniques: 1) Tilted tiger stripe swirl 2) Multi-mica Taiwan swirl
Since I run out of castor oil, I had to modify the recipe shown in video 1) as follows  ­čśů
Recipe (slow moving trace):
Olive oil (pomace) 70% Coconut oil 22.25% Palm oil (organic) 7.75%
Note that the palm oil I buy from The Soap Kitchen 'carries Organic Certification and comes from Columbia. It is not produced on land that has been taken from the Rain Forests, nor are there any Orangutangs made homeless. Our suppliers do use 'ethical' methods in their production (we have actually visited the site). Our Columbian suppliers are members of the RSPO (Round Table for Sustainable Production ofPalmOil).'
Scent:Orange EO (10X) from The Soap Kitchen 
⚠⚠⚠  Use only glass jars/containers to prepare and blend essential oils! (I felt like I had to re…

Looking for a great on-line craft shop?

How do I choose an on-line craft shop over another?
The interactionwiththecustomer is very important to me! And of course the shippingcosts, which are often the bottleneck of the situation, are an important issue as well!

There are plenty of on-line craft shops !  Some of them belong to renowned brands, some are just retailers of famous brands and some other (like most of the shops on ebay) are managed by private sellers/users.  I like to buy from small sellers, and I recently found an ebay shop called Crafts-inspainwhich I think is really interesting.
Pros: a pretty good choice of products great pricesreasonable shipping costs for EU customers (the shop is based in Spain)combined postage availablesales promotions and/or items with reduced prices often availablefast shipping times quick reaction of the seller when contacted Cons:
maybe the only one, is that you can't immediately find the latest products from major brands as soon as they are released on the market (but who cares???) 
Ah, in…