Skip to main content

Christmas spice M&P soap

This is a melt and pour soap I've prepared more than a year ago just before Xmas time. Before this, I have been using a wooden loaf mould and I have been slicing the the soap to make nice 1-cm-deep chunks.
Anyway, I wanted to try different shapes, and bought a silicon cookie mould for my Xmas spice cakes. You can also recycle old cookie moulds you have in your kitchen, but don't use them for cooking ever again!
As always, I used  the SLS and SLES-Free Stephensons 'Crystal' soap base I bought from The Soap Kitchen. This is a vegetable based M&P base that is glycerin rich and that is made from 100% natural ingredients. To make the soap cake more sparkling I've added plenty of Cristallina glitters and grated on top some pink soap I've prepared in advance.

You'll find more on my FB page


Popular posts

Cardmaking and papercraft magazines

Last month I had the chance to get, for the first time, a couple of Cardmaking & papercraft magazines: Papercraft Inspirations and Make Christmas card magazine.
Papercraft Inspiration December issue had a Christmas window build-a-scene embossingfolder and stamp free gift, as well as free festive papers. Make Christmas cards was offering: 2 embossing folder borders, 13 stylish stamps, 32 Christmas papers, 12 découpagesheets, 117 toppers & motifs and 73 festive greetings.
Here you have some of the cards and tags I've made with the magazines' gifts













All cards have been donated to hospitals 

A quick guide to candle making 🕯️

Finally, temperature lowered and I managed to prepare a set of candles for this fall.
Candles are great for any occasion!
Halloween🎃, Xmas🎄, B-days🎂, romantic dinners🥂 or relaxing nights🌃. You can keep 'em for yourself or give them to family and friends as gifts!
If you've never made candles before, but you're eager to try, here you have 10 basic steps to follow.

This is not a comprehensive guide and does not pretend to be a candle-making course.

1) weigh the wax  Do you want to know more about waxes? Follow this LINK
2) Melt it in a double boiler (bain-marie). Stir every now and then...    ⚠ Do not boil the wax ⚠ Neverever place the container with the wax directly on the stove!
3)  At this point, you can add some color HERE, you have a post on candle dyes.

Remember: the final color of your candle depends on the wax too! For example, soy wax iswhite at room temperature and for this reason, it gives back pastel-like colors. A trick to check the final color: drip some melted wax on a…