You have liquid dyes, solid pre-coloured pellets/blocks and powders you can purchase from shops and on-line shops, but you can also use kids crayons (like I did for example for my Cremino candle project) or go for a natural shade coming from the wax itself.
For example, beeswax is yellow and soy wax has an opaque white colour that I adore!
You can use essential oils or fragrance oils. Let's see the main differences ...
- Therapeutic / healing properties
- More expensive than fragrance oils
- More volatile (they last less)
- Fragrances are limited
- Synthetic (that does not mean they are necessarily bad !)
- No healing properties
- Affordable prices for good quantities
- The smell lasts longer because they are not volatile
- Virtually unlimited fragrances
- They MIGHT contain added chemicals and be environmental hazardous
I fell in love with this on-line supplier the first time I visited the website.
They are specialized in candle-making products (they have plenty of things !!!!). They are professional, the quality of products is very good and they ship goods quite fast.
It is a France-based seller and I have no idea of the shipping times/ prices outside France.
But for people living in The Netherlands or nearby you can take a look at
For you guys living in the UK you can visit
and of course for people in US